What is ViciNOC?
ViciNOC is a stand-alone companion piece designed to compliment the popular ViciDial Open Source Call Center. The core objective of ViciNOC is to give IT staff the tools they need to properly and proactively manage their ViciDial server and network environment. The software used and its implementation is a best of breed approach based on the experiences of the ViciDial Group in maintaining it's vicihost.com hosted call center product.
What can it do?
ViciNOC will allow you to proactively monitor your network, servers, and carriers for potential issues. It will also give you advanced call control outside of ViciDial. The short list of capabilities is as follows :
- Actively monitor server resources like CPU, memory, drive space, etc
- Actively monitor network services like Asterisk, Apache, MySQL, etc
- Receive email notifications of affected resources and services
- Logging of resource and service utilization
- Monitor network endpoints such as carriers and agents for Jitter, Latency, and Packet Loss
- Capture of SIP traffic through capturing agents or a switch port mirror
- Load Balancing of inbound calls to active ViciDial servers
- Advanced rule-based outbound call routing control such as failover, load balance, LCR, etc
- Accurate CDR generation suitable for audit and billing purposes
When can I have it?
ViciNOC is currently in development but has reached an Alpha test phase. The individual softwares have been setup and succesfully tested. The final web interface and integration components are being worked on. We are seeking those who want to contribute to ViciNOC through either development, testing, or sponsoring the development of the project. Feel free to contact us at The ViciDial Group if you want to help with ViciNOC.